Hi, welcome to our weekly post where we tell you “What Comics to Watch For On Wednesday.” In these posts, we will tell you what comics are coming out on Wednesday (TODAY) that look interesting. This week has some high points and some low points. It is my goal to highlight the high ones.
First, let’s take a look at how we did last week. We recommended 5 titles to check out last week and we are going to look at the Ifanboy.com average community ratings for each book to see how our suggestions panned out.
1. Great covers often herald good issues. Our top performer this week was Daredevil #28 which got a 4.7 average rating from the Ifanboy community.
2. It’s no surprise that Batman #22 did well with the Ifanboy community, netting a 4.6 average rating with the community that consistently heralds it.
3. Trinity War started off with a bang in Justice League #22 and although it got Ifanboy’s pick of the week, it ties for number three on our list with a 4.3 average community rating.
4. We love Hawkeye, but occasionally it lags and apparently Hawkeye #12 may have done just that with an average Ifanboy community rating of 4.3.
5. Although the Daredevil/Hulk/Mark Waid pairing is epic in nature, Indestructible Hulk #10 was not especially beloved with an average Ifanboy community rating of 4.1.
Now to this week’s offerings:
Batman ’66 #1
Everybody was enamored with this throwback Adam West and Burt Ward Batman tale when it was released digitally last week. Jee Parker, Allred covers, and nostalgia aside, I believe the interest is great enough to overcome the difference in price between digital ($.99) and hard copy ($3.99). There should also be more varied material included. I smell excitement in the comic book zeitgeist.
The return of Angstrom Levy. A tragic villain in the Invincible universe returns to extract revenge. He doesn’t play fair and when he shows up, things get messy. This does not bode well for the Invincible crew.
Superior Carnage #1
Around these parts, we like our Carnage. You might too.
Wonder Woman #22
A new look at New Genesis and the New Gods in the New 52. Sounds pretty “new” to me…
Thor: God Of Thunder #10
It seems that we can only get a limited amount of these great Aaron/Ribic stories with the three Thors. Enjoy it while it lasts. We are loving it. Will Gorr set the Godbomb off?
Super Girl #22
Tim, or Jim Tenkins if you will, loves this book. If his post is not enough to convince you to give it a shot, then you should check your pulse.
~ Scott Deaux ~