Hi, welcome to our weekly post where we tell you “What Comics to Watch For On Wednesday.” We are looking into our crystal ball of experience/research and trying to divine a few titles worth your time this week. It is good to note that we rarely suggest mid-run titles, because we try to provide good jumping on points or oddities that must be seen to believe.
First, let’s take a look at how we did last week. We recommended 5 titles to check out last week and we are going to look at the Ifanboy.com average community ratings for each book to see how our suggestions panned out.
1. Our highest average community rating for this last week was Indestructible Hulk #11 with only a 4.4/5, which seems terrible except that we bet bonus points for having the same highest choice as Ifanboy picked for their Pick Of The Week.
2. Then it was a three way tie: Batman Inc #13 received an average community rating of 4.1.
3. So did Collider #1. I was going to buy it in store, but it looked SO BORING. 4.1 indeed!
4. Also, Tom Strong and The Planet Of Peril #1 got an average community rating of 4.1/5. Lots of middle of the road books.
5. Our lowest performer was also the funniest thing that I have read in recent memory. Wolverine In The Flesh #1 amused me so much that I am currently working on a post about it. On technical merit, this comic deserves an “F.” On campy silliness, this comic nails a solid 4.0.
Now to this week’s offerings:
This week seems to be #1’s or #15’s. Hmmmm… Signs of the times I guess.
All New X-Men #15
I hope that this is what I’ve been waiting for! When you mess around with the timestream, things can get weird. Who’s to say that after seeing evil Scott (Cyclops), Jean Grey ever falls in love with him?! What happens to history?! What happens to the future?! YAY!
‘Round these parts, we love us some Jeff Lemire. This is his new sci-fi series and we are filled with hope that it will fill the Sweet Tooth-shaped hole in our hearts. This is very exciting!
I love good guy gone bad stories. This is apparently in that vein as we see a sidekick fall from grace and into villainy.
Dial H #15
The end of one of Hal’s favorite comic books. Dial H has been a consistently wacky, well put together ride. We will miss it existing.
Superior Spider-Man #15
Humberto Ramos drawing Superior Spider-Man attacking, possibly killing the Hobgoblin? That sounds great to me.
~ Scott Deaux ~